Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Mon January 9, 2012
CEO Departs from NC Ports Authority
The head of the North Carolina State Ports Authority, CEO Thomas Eagar, is no longer serving in the post he's held since 2004.
In a letter sent to business partners, Authority officials say the change is due to a larger strategic reorganization within the Department of Transportation.
Jeff Strader, the chief financial officer for the Ports, will manage daily operations in the short term as the Authority initiates a national search for a new leader.
The CEO is in charge of operations at the Ports of Wilmington and Morehead City, along with the inland terminal operations in Charlotte and Greensboro.
Note: An earlier version of this story stated that CEO Thomas Eagar was let go by the Authority. Department of Transportation spokesperson Greer Beatty says she cannot confirm whether Eager was terminated or resigned.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? If so, we'd like to hear from you. Please email the WHQR News Team.