Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Tue June 23, 2009
"In (Turkish) bazaars, roadsides, even caves and deserts, all one has to do is call out "Cay!" for the beverage is always within shouting distance."
By Shane Fernando
Wilmington, NC – Shane Fernando, returning from recent travels to Turkey, talks about the country's most iconic symbol of hospitality and mutual understanding.
Shane Fernando lives with his partner in historic downtown Wilmington and is curator of the Boseman Gallery at UNCW.