Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Tue June 23, 2009
"In (Turkish) bazaars, roadsides, even caves and deserts, all one has to do is call out "Cay!" for the beverage is always within shouting distance."
By Shane Fernando
Wilmington, NC – Shane Fernando, returning from recent travels to Turkey, talks about the country's most iconic symbol of hospitality and mutual understanding.
Shane Fernando lives with his partner in historic downtown Wilmington and is curator of the Boseman Gallery at UNCW.