Most Active Stories
- HoHo Shorts Countdown: "Oh! Christmas Tree" by Mary Kaye Hester
- Wilmington Housing Authority Seeks Social Equity-Minded Partners
- Representative Susi Hamilton Speaks Out on State's New Tax Reform Package
- HoHo Shorts Countdown: "Crying with Santa" by Katharine Frazier
- Waste Part I: Managing the New Commodity
Tue June 23, 2009
"In (Turkish) bazaars, roadsides, even caves and deserts, all one has to do is call out "Cay!" for the beverage is always within shouting distance."
By Shane Fernando
Wilmington, NC – Shane Fernando, returning from recent travels to Turkey, talks about the country's most iconic symbol of hospitality and mutual understanding.
Shane Fernando lives with his partner in historic downtown Wilmington and is curator of the Boseman Gallery at UNCW.