Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Wed August 30, 2006
Carolinas Prep For Ernesto
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Forecasters predict Ernesto could dump up to six inches of rain along the South Carolina, North Carolina border leaving officials in South Carolina preparing for the storm.
Ernesto is expected to make landfall late Thursday afternoon near the South Carolina, North Carolina border.
In South Carolina, the border county of Horry County, spokesperson Lisa Bourcier says emergency officials are also worried about severe flooding.
Our main concern in Horry County is the rain, and we could actually see up six inches fall within a short six hour period.
Coastal South Carolina is also bracing for beach erosion from an expected storm surge of three to four feet.