Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Fri August 4, 2006
Cape Fear Memorial Bridge Fix
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Work will soon begin to replace the control system on the Cape Fear Memorial Bridge.
The state has now awarded a $5.4 million dollar contract on work that will begin later this month, and wrap up 18 months from now.
The control system lifts the bridge for river traffic.
Lannie Wilson of the North Carolina Board of Transportation says this is the first electrical upgrade for the 37-year-old lift span bridge.