Most Active Stories
- John Boehner Foe Targets 'Electile' Dysfunction
- FSB Encore from Mac & Juice and Jim Ashley
- New Moral Movies Film Series Intends to Highlight Social Issues and Spur Community Discussion
- UNCW Business Leaders Ask Cape Fear Region's Top Five Employers to Reveal Their Needs
- Cinematique: "Enemy" (New Time, 7PM)
Wed September 26, 2012
Cape Fear Economic Development Council: Candidate Forum - New Hanover County Commissioners
On Tuesday, September 25, 2012, the Cape Fear Economic Development Council produced a candidates' forum, in the WHQR MC Erny Gallery, with a focus on economic issues facing New Hanover County. All six candidates for the three open seats on the Board of Commissioners participated. Julie Martin, producer, organizer, and mistress of ceremonies introduced the evening by contextualizing the current state of the economy.
Two local journalists, Tricia Vance of the Star News and Vicky Janowski of the Greater Wilmington Business Journal, asked questions during the first portion. WHQR's Rachel Lewis Hilburn moderated.
The second portion featured questions emailed by listeners as well as questions from audience members.