Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Midday Interview - July 5, 2012
Fri July 6, 2012
Cape Fear Community Photo Shoot
Our guests today are Steve Spain of Wilmington Interfaith Hospitality Network and fashion designer Lucille Bruno. Lucille and friends are creating the Cape Fear Community Photo Shoot on Sunday from 5 to 9 at The Brik House, 208 Market Street. Amateur and upcoming professional photographers can come and shoot pictures of a fashion show staffed by professional models, set designers, lighting designers, hair & makeup artists, and mentoring pro photographers. There will also be a full bar, dancing, a silent auction, and the garments and accessories modeled will be available for purchase. ALL proceeds will go to WIHN, a non-profit that provides emergency shelter and transitional housing for homeless families. The event is free. Details on Facebook.