Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Tue September 29, 2009
"The history of Thanksgiving in Canada goes back to an explorer who had been trying to find a northern passage to the Pacific Ocean, Martin Frobisher. His Thanksgiving celebration was held in 1578 in Newfoundland, after he and his crew arrived safely from their long exploration back to charted territory."
By Shane Fernando
Wilmington, NC – Shane discusses how a borrowed tradition has evolved, paying tribute to close friends, as well as to our northerly neighbors.
Shane Fernando lives with his partner in historic downtown Wilmington and is curator of the Boseman Gallery at UNCW.