Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Tue February 15, 2005
It is something of an evergreen celebrity in our part of the country. Generations of Wilmingtonians have known about it, the poet Ogden Nash mispronounced it, and you can't look far in the Old Port City without seeing it.
By Barbara Sullivan
Wilmington NC – Click the Listen button to hear Barbara's commentary.
Barbara Sullivan lives and gardens in downtown Wilmington. The 55th annual Camellia Show is coming up this Saturday, February 19th 2005 from noon to 4, at Parsley Elementary School on Masonboro Loop Road.