Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Thu June 21, 2012
California Budget Deal Calls For Deep Cuts
Originally published on Thu June 21, 2012 5:19 pm
California Governor Jerry Brown has reached the outline of a budget deal with state Democratic leaders. The two sides have been wrangling over deep cuts to social programs. The agreement is just the latest development in the story of California's budget crisis — with negotiations over pension cuts still looming and a November ballot initiative that will ask Californians to raise their own taxes to prevent steeper cuts to the state' schools. Melissa Block talks with Ben Adler of Capital Public Radio in Sacramento.