Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Wed November 23, 2011
The Fed wants to ensure the country's largest banks are prepared to weather another recession. The move comes as the debt crisis in Europe threatens to destabilize global markets. Banks will be required to show they have enough capital to continue lending money under severe economic conditions.