Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Mon January 30, 2012
The Waiting May Be Almost Over For Facebook IPO
Originally published on Mon January 30, 2012 6:32 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with Facebook getting ready.
This could be the week that Facebook moves towards an initial public offering. The Wall Street Journal and the Financial Times say the company will file paperwork on Wednesday for what is widely expected to be one of the biggest public debuts ever. Facebook could raise, we're told, as much as $10 billion - a kind of social network of cash. A Facebook IPO was rumored for much of last year, but the company's been tight-lipped about what it's really doing. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.