Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Thu November 14, 2013
Bucket of Joy
Commentator Philip Gerard goes on one more solitary adventure the summer before he turns six and is forced to start attending school.
Phillip Gerard is the author of seven books, eleven documentary scripts, and numerous short stories and essays. He chairs the Department of Creative Writing at UNC Wilmington.
WHQR Commentaries don't necessarily reflect the views of WHQR Radio, its editorial staff , or its members.