Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Mon September 10, 2007
Brunswick Health Department Conducts Survey
By Peter Biello
Wilmington, NC – The Brunswick County Health Department is asking residents to participate in a health survey.
Health Department Coordinator Fred Michael says the survey will provide information about Brunswick County's most pressing health problems. The state requires the county to conduct a health survey every four years.
With survey data, the Health Department will apply to the state for help creating programs to address those problems.
So it really depends on the information we receive. Let's say cancer came to the top. We may not be able to cure cancer in the next four years. So we have to pick how we would go about more public awareness.
Michael says survey will continue through October and is accessible through the Brunswick County government website.
Take the Health Survey.