Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Wed December 27, 2006
Brunswick County Realtor Dies
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Brunswick County realtor and political candidate Allan Dameron has died.
Dameron was a North Carolina native who served on the board of the N.C Turnpike Authority and N.C. Real Estate Commission.
Dameron worked his way through Guilford College working for the North Carolina prison system. This past fall he ran against Republican Bonner Stiller in the 17th District House race.
David Redwine was a friend of Dameron who helped him get appointed to the Real Estate Commission. He says Dameron was a quiet person.
He did a lot of things people didn't know he did, I think a lot of that is coming to light now after his passing. But ah, he wasn't the kind of person who tooted his own horn so to speak.
Dameron was diagnosed with lung cancer after last month's election. Redwine says it was a shock to friends that Dameron passed so quickly.
Allan Dameron was 58-years-old.