Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Wed June 27, 2007
Brunswick Connector Receives Anonymous Donation
By Peter Biello
Wilmington, NC – The Brunswick Connector is recipient of a $4,000 anonymous gift. The Brunswick Connector makes ten round trips daily between North Brunswick County and Wilmington, bringing workers into the city.
Wave Transit Planner Matthew Kunic says the Brunswick Connector needs $120,000 annually. Kunic says the city of Wilmington and Wave Transit kick-in three-fourths of the funding, while private donations fill in the gap.
So that leaves us 23-thousand left out of the 120-thousand to complete the funding needed for next fiscal year. And I'm sure, you know, it's not an absolute guarantee, but it's very probable that it will come from somewhere.
Kunic says there's a campaign in the works to raise awareness in Brunswick County of the importance of the Brunswick Connector.