Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Fri May 25, 2007
Brunswick Co. Begins Work on New Admin. Building
By Peter Biello
Wilmington, NC – Officials in Brunswick County broke ground today on the new administration building. County Manager Marty Lawing says the three-story building will provide much-needed space for some of the county's 975 employees.
"Once we vacate our existing buildings it will create space for other departments to move into and spread out and hopefully allow our employees to work more efficiently and more professionally."
Lawing says the 33,000 square feet of the new building will house the human resources, tax administration, finance and legal departments. Lawing says they expect to finish construction in fifteen months.