Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Fri May 25, 2007
Brunswick Co. Begins Work on New Admin. Building
By Peter Biello
Wilmington, NC – Officials in Brunswick County broke ground today on the new administration building. County Manager Marty Lawing says the three-story building will provide much-needed space for some of the county's 975 employees.
"Once we vacate our existing buildings it will create space for other departments to move into and spread out and hopefully allow our employees to work more efficiently and more professionally."
Lawing says the 33,000 square feet of the new building will house the human resources, tax administration, finance and legal departments. Lawing says they expect to finish construction in fifteen months.