Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Wed September 5, 2007
Brunsco Family Sues Board of Ed.
By Peter Biello
Wilmington, NC – Parents of a West Brunswick High School student are suing the Brunswick County Board of Education.
The lawsuit filed Tuesday claims school officials failed to discipline former teacher and football coach David H. Arrowood after learning of his inappropriate behavior with their daughter.
Arrowood was the girl's math teacher during the '05-'06 school year.
According to the lawsuit, teachers signed statements that they saw inappropriate contact over a period of several months.
In a released statement Superintendent Katie McGee acknowledged the lawsuit saying Arrowood was suspended in April of last year and dismissed two months later.
Arrowood was convicted last February on a half-dozen charges of sexual offense.
Arrowood came to Brunswick County from Alamance County Schools in 1990.
The girl's parents refused to comment.
Click Here to see the lawsuit filed.