Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Games & Humor
Thu May 31, 2012
Bring Us To Your Party
Originally published on Wed December 19, 2012 5:45 pm
We could easily introduce this game by saying it's one of our staff favorites. But we could introduce just about every game that way, so please just note that is implied. This week we're offering you the chance to play host of NPR's Ask Me Another and quiz your friends with games we've run on the show. We'll provide the questions and answers; you provide the trivia party. Note: Try this at your next dinner party as an aperitif.
A 1960S GUIDE TO ETIQUETTE
If the TV series Mad Men is to be believed, the 1960s were a very different time - you could get drunk at the office, everyone smoked, and women were either secretaries or wives. So in this game we are taking you back or in some cases asking you channel your inner Don Draper or give us your best Joanie Holloway. We're going to ask you to answer questions based on the advice of etiquette manuals published in the early 1960s.
(Game written by Noah Tarnow)