Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Thu May 10, 2012
Brad Pitt Is The New Face Of Chanel No. 5 Ads
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. There is a new face of Chanel No. 5. This perfume has been represented in ads by Catherine Deneuve and Nicole Kidman. And now the face of Chanel is Brad Pitt, the first man ever to represent the scent. E Online says it's a seven figure deal for Pitt, who played a baseball general manager in "Moneyball" and a sadistic commando in "Inglourious Basterds." No doubt the latter role is what earned Pitt this part, since his character was in France. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.