Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Thu April 3, 2008
Boseman Reacts to Wright's Testimony
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – New Hanover County State Senator Julia Boseman was at the selection last night to fill the seat held by former State Representative Thomas Wright.
Just hours before district democrats filled Wright's seat, he was testifying in his criminal trial that he was being investigated only after he supported Boseman's republican challenger in the last election. Boseman called that accusation the most ridiculous things she's ever heard
That he's blaming that he can't maintain three checking accounts and spending campaign money at Victoria's Secret and other places on me.
Wright testified more than four hours yesterday. It was the first time he has told his side of the story. Wright is charged with four felony counts and could be sentenced to nearly ten years.