Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Thu April 3, 2008
Boseman Reacts to Wright's Testimony
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – New Hanover County State Senator Julia Boseman was at the selection last night to fill the seat held by former State Representative Thomas Wright.
Just hours before district democrats filled Wright's seat, he was testifying in his criminal trial that he was being investigated only after he supported Boseman's republican challenger in the last election. Boseman called that accusation the most ridiculous things she's ever heard
That he's blaming that he can't maintain three checking accounts and spending campaign money at Victoria's Secret and other places on me.
Wright testified more than four hours yesterday. It was the first time he has told his side of the story. Wright is charged with four felony counts and could be sentenced to nearly ten years.