Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- Soup to Nuts Live!: Rebekah Todd
All Songs Considered
Tue May 13, 2014
Bob Dylan Covers A Classic Tune
A new Bob Dylan recording popped up on his site just now. You have to go there to hear it — it's a version of the classic 1945 song, "Full Moon and Empty Arms." The tune is written by Buddy Kaye — known for writing hits for Sinatra, Ella and Elvis — and Ted Mossman, and based on Sergei Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 2.
All this hints at a new record, perhaps a covers record of classic tunes. Dylan has done this in the past: In 1992 and 1993, he put out two collections of great folks songs of the past, Good As I've Been To You and the darker World Gone Wrong.
When I know more I'll pass it along.