Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Tue November 7, 2006
The Blues Rock On in Musical Challenge
If your candidate didn't come out on top in yesterday's elections, you might be feeling a little blue this morning. To match your mood, WHQR brings you the music of this year's Blues Challenge. The Cape Fear Blues Society held the contest this past Saturday, inviting local bands and solo acts to compete for a shot at the International Blues Festival in Memphis next February. WHQR's Megan Williams has a look at the challengers in the solo division...
By Megan V. Williams
The Rusty Nail, Wilmington, NC – The annual Blues Challenge selects one solo act and one band to send to the International Blues Challenge in Memphis, TN, every February. Learn more about the contest and see photos of the contestants at their website.
Contestants in the solo performer category:
-"Spider" Mike Bochey