Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Tue November 7, 2006
The Blues Rock On in Musical Challenge
If your candidate didn't come out on top in yesterday's elections, you might be feeling a little blue this morning. To match your mood, WHQR brings you the music of this year's Blues Challenge. The Cape Fear Blues Society held the contest this past Saturday, inviting local bands and solo acts to compete for a shot at the International Blues Festival in Memphis next February. WHQR's Megan Williams has a look at the challengers in the solo division...
By Megan V. Williams
The Rusty Nail, Wilmington, NC – The annual Blues Challenge selects one solo act and one band to send to the International Blues Challenge in Memphis, TN, every February. Learn more about the contest and see photos of the contestants at their website.
Contestants in the solo performer category:
-"Spider" Mike Bochey