Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- Soup to Nuts Live!: Rebekah Todd
Mon March 11, 2013
Blocking SXSW Tweets Can Help Mute The Noise From Austin
Originally published on Tue March 12, 2013 9:48 am
AUDIE CORNISH, HOST:
Even if you're not at South by Southwest, it still may be impossible to avoid reading about it on Twitter if you have friends there. But there are ways to mute those tweets.
So we turn to Dylan Tweney, a tweet connoisseur, for some advice.
DYLAN TWENEY: But it does have a tool called TweetDeck, which can filter out any keyword that you want. Download TweetDeck and then once you've set it up with your Twitter account, go into preferences and click on the global filter tab. And what you can do there is you can filter out any text you want. So put in the letters SXSW and bam, it'll show you all the tweets that you'd ordinarily see, except anything mentioning South by Southwest.
CORNISH: Helpful advice from Dylan Tweney of the business tech site venturebeat.com. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.