Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Mon October 17, 2011
BlackBerry Customers Offered Free Apps As Apology
Last week, Research in Motion apologized for the service outages that swept around the world last week, leaving millions of its BlackBerry users unable to send or receive messages.
Today, it said it's offering customers about $100 worth of free apps and a month's worth of free technical support in "appreciation for their patience during the recent service disruptions."
Among the apps subscribers can select:
-- SIMS 3.
-- Texas Hold'em Poker 2.
-- iSpeech Translator Pro.
-- Drive Safe.ly Enterprise.
-- Vlingo Plus: Virtual Assistant.
The free app offer begins on Wednesday and lasts four weeks, the company said.