Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Wed October 10, 2007
Big Cat Spotted Near Bolivia
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Brunswick County officials are asking residents in Bolivia to keep an eye out for a large cat.
Brunswick County Animal Services received several calls Tuesday night of dogs being killed in the Brown Road area off Midway Road.
One of the callers reported seeing a large cat, possibly a bobcat.
Further investigation lead to paw prints. It's not clear whether the prints belong to bears or bobcats, so Animal Services is asking anyone who sees a large cat in the Bolivia area to call 911.
Do you have insight or expertise on this topic? Please email us, we'd like to hear from you. firstname.lastname@example.org.