Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Thu January 26, 2012
Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey to Screen at DocuTime
The DocuTime Festival returns to UNCW Saturday. This year’s slate includes the 2011 Sundance Festival prize winner Being Elmo: A Puppeteer’s Journey, the story of Kevin Clash, the man behind one of the most beloved characters on public television’s Sesame Street.
WHQR's Bob Workmon spoke with the film’s New York-based director Constance Marks by phone and asked her first to talk about why Kevin was a compelling subject for a documentary.
Being Elmo: A Puppeteer’s Journey is one of ten films to be screened Saturday at UNCW’s King Hall Auditorium for the DocuTime Film Festival presented by WHQR and UNCW's Department of Film Studies.