Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Tue December 6, 2011
Beer Sustains Man Stranded In Snow For 3 Days
A Nome, Alaska, man went on a long drive and got stuck in a snowbank with no provisions — except cans of beer, frozen solid. Rescuers found him alive three days later. He had cut the lids off the beer and eaten the stuff like cans of beans.