Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Thu July 26, 2012
A Beautiful 3,000 Photo Stop-Motion Tour of Greenfield Lake
Mike Bull and Jessica Thummel moved to Wilmington from Denver, Colorado and fell immediately in love with Greenfield lake.
After moving to Wilmington and having some trouble finding work, I needed a project to keep me sane and busy. Jessica and I were walking around the lake one day and she said, when we moved back to Denver, she was going to miss it: the trees, the Spanish moss, the turtle bridge, the whole four-mile view, so I came up with this as a way of taking Greenfield with us. We walked around the lake a couple hundred times and usually, I would bring my camera and capture a hundred yards at a time in three-step increments. I’m sure I looked strange doing it. Jessica said people would sometimes stare but I was busy trying to not to trip and fall (looking through a viewfinder severely limits your peripheral vision). She loves the end result, which was really the only goal, but I hope other people see and enjoy it too.