Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Tue August 22, 2006
Beach Blast Bust
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Tuesday's heavy rains washed out the Beach Blast and Beach Sweep planned for UNCW students.
The university says weather reports of afternoon storms were convincing enough to cancel the event, which was planned for Wrightsville Beach near Ocean Pier.
Instead, students were treated to a showing of the cult classic Ferris Bueller's Day Off at UNCW's new movie theater.