Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Fri April 27, 2012
Bartók's 44 Duos for 2 Violins
Duo Landon performs Béla Bartók’s 44 Duos for 2 violins with great talent and clear interpretation. Duo Landon is a collaborative effort between two Icelandic violinist, Hílf Sigurjónsdóttir and Hjörleifur Valsson.
Originally composed for students learning technical studies of the violin; Bartók’s 44 duos range from basic to advanced difficulty. Duo Landon performs the 44 duos in Bartók’s suggested performance order rather than playing them in numerical order as some artists choose. Each piece carries a theme either it be a technique, culture, or a poetic expression of the music being played. Despite the short length of each piece the musical themes are clearly attainable to the listener through Duo Landon’s precise articulations and attention to expressive detail. Between the two violinists there is an impressive balance between the performances of the basic and more difficult pieces leaving the listener with a sense of ease and satisfaction. Listeners looking for a variety of musical styles and techniques will thoroughly enjoy Duo Landon’s interpretation of Béla Bartók’s 44 Duos for 2 Violins.