Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Fri April 27, 2012
Bartók's 44 Duos for 2 Violins
Duo Landon performs Béla Bartók’s 44 Duos for 2 violins with great talent and clear interpretation. Duo Landon is a collaborative effort between two Icelandic violinist, Hílf Sigurjónsdóttir and Hjörleifur Valsson.
Originally composed for students learning technical studies of the violin; Bartók’s 44 duos range from basic to advanced difficulty. Duo Landon performs the 44 duos in Bartók’s suggested performance order rather than playing them in numerical order as some artists choose. Each piece carries a theme either it be a technique, culture, or a poetic expression of the music being played. Despite the short length of each piece the musical themes are clearly attainable to the listener through Duo Landon’s precise articulations and attention to expressive detail. Between the two violinists there is an impressive balance between the performances of the basic and more difficult pieces leaving the listener with a sense of ease and satisfaction. Listeners looking for a variety of musical styles and techniques will thoroughly enjoy Duo Landon’s interpretation of Béla Bartók’s 44 Duos for 2 Violins.