Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Thu May 10, 2012
When literary commentator Gwenyfar Rohler first met J.D. Salinger, it wasn't through his famous, angst-ridden, teenage protagonist, Holden Caulfield.
Many years ago, she pulled up to dinner with Nine Stories, and met Salinger's less-known but no less complicated character, Seymour Glass. Today, she tells us why any day is the perfect day for bananafish.