Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Fri April 13, 2012
Azalea Festival Parade Saturday, April 14th at 9:30 AM
The 2012 North Carolina Azalea Festival is in full swing – and tomorrow, parade-goers will gather in downtown Wilmington to catch a glimpse of the Festival’s crown jewel.
The parade draws thousands of people to the Port City every year with its showcase of marching bands, floats, clowns, horses, and visiting celebrities. Azalea Festival Queen Ericka Dunlap and her court are widely considered the highlight of the parade.
This year’s parade gets underway at 9:30 Saturday morning. Officials are urging attendees to check out road closures and parking deck restrictions before making the trip downtown. That information – along with the full parade route -- can be viewed online through the following link: