Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Fri April 13, 2012
Azalea Festival Parade Saturday, April 14th at 9:30 AM
The 2012 North Carolina Azalea Festival is in full swing – and tomorrow, parade-goers will gather in downtown Wilmington to catch a glimpse of the Festival’s crown jewel.
The parade draws thousands of people to the Port City every year with its showcase of marching bands, floats, clowns, horses, and visiting celebrities. Azalea Festival Queen Ericka Dunlap and her court are widely considered the highlight of the parade.
This year’s parade gets underway at 9:30 Saturday morning. Officials are urging attendees to check out road closures and parking deck restrictions before making the trip downtown. That information – along with the full parade route -- can be viewed online through the following link: