Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Thu October 27, 2005
Author Searches for Family's Checkered Past
Author Laurie Gunst came to Wilmington in September for a reading at the library from her new memoir. Although the book is mostly about her childhood in Richmond, Gunst's roots in Cape Fear go way back. She led WHQR's Megan Williams on a walking tour of her family's history.
By Megan V. Williams
Oct. 10, 2005, Wilmington, NC – Laurie Gunst is the author of the memoir, "Off White."