Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Sat July 28, 2012
Athletes' First Olympic Competition: How Did They Look?
Originally published on Sat July 28, 2012 5:00 pm
We already know Spain doesn't expect to win gold for its Olympic athletic uniforms this year. But who "won" the fashion event at the opening ceremony for the London Games? In the parade of athletes during last night's ceremony, several outfits screamed for attention. Some shouted national pride, while others just called for a costume change.
So we turn to you, reader, to tell us which teams deserve a medal in the following categories:
The Party Team
Throughout the ceremony, athletes smiled and cried, and took pictures. But some just seemed to be having more fun. Based on their uniforms, which team would you invite to your Olympics party?
The Airline Crew
Flight attendants aren't necessarily known for being fashion-forward. But there was a certain something about a few of the Olympic uniforms that may make you want to ask for a bag of peanuts. If you owned an airline, which team would you employ as your flight crew?