Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Sun January 1, 2006
Arts Fundraising in a Year of Disasters
The end of the year means the end of 2005's tax write-offs. As they got ready to enter 2006, many non-profit organizations rushed to convince donors to make one last, tax-deductible donation. WHQR's Megan Williams checked in with local arts organization about how their fundraising went last year.
By Megan V. Williams
Wilmington, NC, December 28, 2005 – Support for local arts and cultural programming comes from WHQR members, and Landfall Foundation, an organization of residents who support projects enhancing health, education and the arts in New Hanover, Brunswick and Pender Counties.