Most Active Stories
- John Boehner Foe Targets 'Electile' Dysfunction
- FSB Encore from Mac & Juice and Jim Ashley
- Cinematique: "Enemy" (New Time, 7PM)
- New Moral Movies Film Series Intends to Highlight Social Issues and Spur Community Discussion
- UNCW Business Leaders Ask Cape Fear Region's Top Five Employers to Reveal Their Needs
Sun January 1, 2006
Arts Fundraising in a Year of Disasters
The end of the year means the end of 2005's tax write-offs. As they got ready to enter 2006, many non-profit organizations rushed to convince donors to make one last, tax-deductible donation. WHQR's Megan Williams checked in with local arts organization about how their fundraising went last year.
By Megan V. Williams
Wilmington, NC, December 28, 2005 – Support for local arts and cultural programming comes from WHQR members, and Landfall Foundation, an organization of residents who support projects enhancing health, education and the arts in New Hanover, Brunswick and Pender Counties.