Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Fri October 27, 2006
Article Says Wilmington's A Good Investment
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – CNN MONEY dot COM and Business 2.0 have named Wilmington the 7th best market for real estate appreciation.
The article says Wilmington real estate values will jump by 37% in five years, but warns that Wilmington has a high number of prospectors with non-resident investors making up more than a quarter of homeowners.
The article also warns about hurricanes but credits mild weather and great golf for reasons to invest in Wilmington.
Panama City Florida topped the CNN Money.com and Business 2.0 list of great real estate investments.