Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Thu April 6, 2006
Art Show Infects Front Street
Take one empty storefront in downtown Wilmington, add lights, a coat of fresh paint, and a lot of youthful energy, and what you get is an unusual art show opening Saturday night on Front Street... It's called This is Viral. WHQR's Megan Williams examined the infection...
By Megan V. Williams
Wilmington, NC, April 7, 2006 – The creators of This is Viral call Saturday's one-night-only show their debutant ball, a public coming out party for a group which hopes to create more opportunities for the region's young and un-established artists. At the show's center is the husband-and-wife team of Alicia and Dustin Thacker, who explains that This is Viral refers to to both the art, and the business.
This is Viral presents [Zero One] Saturday, April 8, 2006, from 6pm to midnight at 116 N. Front Street. Learn more at our Cultural Calendar.
Support for local arts and cultural programming comes from WHQR members, and Landfall Foundation, an organization of residents who support projects enhancing health, education and the arts in New Hanover, Brunswick and Pender Counties.