Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Tue January 9, 2007
Art Exhibit Sold Out
North Carolina's Museum of Art is getting to say something normally reserved for rock concerts: Sold Out.
By Megan V. Williams
Procrastinating art lovers are out of luck.
The North Carolina Museum of Art's Monet in Normandy show is sold out, a week before closing its run.
The Museum's Jennifer Bahus says nearly two hundred thousand people have come for the exhibit.
"Normally, when an exhibition opens, you see a rush of people at the beginning, and then it kind of levels off and spikes again at the end, but for Monet, it's been pretty steady all the way through."
Bahus says visitors from 99 of North Carolina's hundred counties have come through the Monet show... and they're hoping to see someone from Gates County before it's over.