Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Around the Nation
Fri June 6, 2014
Arizona Officials Find Cartwheels Distracting
Originally published on Fri June 6, 2014 11:09 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep with a test of the limits of free expression. Arizona's Maricopa Association of Governments ordered Dianne Barker to stop performing cartwheels at public meetings. She's 65 and apparently good at them. She does cartwheels to promote the benefits of walking. An attorney has written her demanding that she stop this disruptive practice but she has insisted she has a...
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
All right, here we go, Steve. Woohoo.
INSKEEP: ...David, that was an amazing cartwheel, but it's distracting.
INSKEEP: It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.