Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Tue February 20, 2007
Anna Nicole Smith's Belongings Leave S.C.
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – The Horry County Sheriff's Department has turned over some of Anna Nicole Smith's personal items to investigators in Florida.
The Horry County Sheriff's Department says Smith stayed in a house in the Bahamas owned by a South Carolina man who returned from cleaning out his house in the Bahamas with a load of Smith's belongings.
Horry County Sheriff Phillip Thompson says the man didn't know what to do with the dead celebrity's belongings, so he brought them to Thompson's office.
Which we kept it in safekeeping, put it in an evidence container box, sealed it in the condition that it came into our office.
Thompson says his office then sent Smith's laptops, videos and papers to investigators in Florida who are investigating her death.