Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Tue October 27, 2009
"With the much-needed restoration of the historic Thalian Hall auditorium, the seating, flooring and joists of the main hall have been completely removed, exposing the ancient hill of sand on which the building perches."
By Shane Fernando
Wilmington, NC – Sand, sand, sand. We deal with it every day living in our coastal region and have numerous associations from its existence in our lives.
Commentator Shane Fernando serves on the Board of Trustees for the Thalian Hall Center for the Performing Arts, is Curator of the Boseman Gallery at UNCW, and is an avid sand castle builder.