Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- Soup to Nuts Live!: Rebekah Todd
Fri February 21, 2014
Analysis: Who Oscar-Winning Actors Thank
Originally published on Tue February 25, 2014 5:31 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. We finally have analysis of actors giving thanks at the Oscars. You know, I want to thank my director or some inspiring figure. Twice in recent years, winning actors thanked Oprah; twice, they thanked Sidney Poitier. Three actors name-checked God; four thanked Meryl Streep - and that was the headline: Meryl Streep gets thanked more often than God.
We'd like to thank Slate for this information. Also, our editor, Kenya Young; director Lindsay Totty; and my mom. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.