Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Around the Nation
Mon August 18, 2014
Amid Continued Chaos In Ferguson, A Second Autopsy Is Released
Originally published on Mon August 18, 2014 6:18 pm
A preliminary, independent autopsy report has been released in the shooting death of Michael Brown. Requested by the family, the autopsy finds that Brown, an unarmed black teenager, was shot six times by a white police officer in Ferguson, Mo. This news follows the most violent night of protests there since the shooting.