Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Thu June 14, 2012
Ambassador Fight Aimed At Florida's Latino Voters
Originally published on Thu June 14, 2012 7:07 am
The Senate is expected to vote Thursday on whether to confirm Mari Carmen Aponte as ambassador to El Salvador. Democrats are attempting to overcome a Republican filibuster blocking the nomination in what has turned into a fight aimed at Latino voters in the swing state of Florida.