Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
Thu November 9, 2006
AirTran for Wilmington?
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – AirTran Airways is considering flying into Wilmington, and is asking residents to let it know if Wilmington should become its next destination.
The discount airline has a list of dozens of possible destinations on its website, including Wilmington, and asking people to click and vote from the list.
The Atlanta-based airline currently flies out of Myrtle Beach, Raleigh-Durham and Charlotte and offers some 700 flights out of 50 locations.
Other options for the next destination include Charleston, Roanoke and Nashville.