Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
Thu November 30, 2006
Affordable Housing in Wilmington
By Catherine M. Welch
Wilmington, NC – Changes are ahead for the Wilmington skyline. Not only by the new PPD headquarters but by projects from the Wilmington Housing Authority, which has residential towers both going up and possibly coming down.
On the southern edge of historic downtown the Wilmington Housing Authority's Solomon towers went on up for sale earlier this month. Across town on the northern edge a patch of land filled with old Oaks is where the housing authority plans to erect a new high rise called Taylor Towers.
Executive Director of Wilmington Housing Authority Benjamin Quattlebaum says this will be part of a larger neighborhood filled with apartments for senior and low-income residents.