Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Wed September 5, 2012
Actor Kal Penn campaigns for Obama but says he's still independent
The Democratic National Convention heads toward its climax this evening – when President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden accept the nomination.
In his speech at the convention Tuesday night, film and TV Actor Kal Penn exhorted younger people to register to vote.
Penn is best known for his antics in the “Harold and Kumar” films – and for his portrayal of Dr. Lawrence Kutner in the TV series “House M.D.” And as WHQR’s Rachel Lewis Hilburn learned in a recent conversation with Penn, in spite of his participation in the DNC and Obama’s campaign, he bristles at the notion that he’s political.