Most Active Stories
- CFCC's Humanities and Fine Arts Center Partnering with DPAC, Carolina Theatre, and Local Arts Venues
- Wilmington Family YMCA Changes Background Check Policy for Volunteers After Gallagher's Arrest
- Cape Fear Chordsmen are Going to the Dawgs
- NC Legislature Considers Foster Care Family Act
- BOEM says Shrinking Buffer Zone for Offshore Oil and Gas Not Possible
Wed September 5, 2012
Actor Kal Penn campaigns for Obama but says he's still independent
The Democratic National Convention heads toward its climax this evening – when President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden accept the nomination.
In his speech at the convention Tuesday night, film and TV Actor Kal Penn exhorted younger people to register to vote.
Penn is best known for his antics in the “Harold and Kumar” films – and for his portrayal of Dr. Lawrence Kutner in the TV series “House M.D.” And as WHQR’s Rachel Lewis Hilburn learned in a recent conversation with Penn, in spite of his participation in the DNC and Obama’s campaign, he bristles at the notion that he’s political.