Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Wed September 5, 2012
Actor Kal Penn campaigns for Obama but says he's still independent
The Democratic National Convention heads toward its climax this evening – when President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden accept the nomination.
In his speech at the convention Tuesday night, film and TV Actor Kal Penn exhorted younger people to register to vote.
Penn is best known for his antics in the “Harold and Kumar” films – and for his portrayal of Dr. Lawrence Kutner in the TV series “House M.D.” And as WHQR’s Rachel Lewis Hilburn learned in a recent conversation with Penn, in spite of his participation in the DNC and Obama’s campaign, he bristles at the notion that he’s political.