Most Active Stories
- Cinematique Presents Oscar Nominated "Citizenfour"
- Midday Interview: Brian Nunnelly on the 150th anniversary of the Battle at Fort Fisher
- Higher Education in Wilmington Sees Rash of Exits in Less than One Year
- On the Next CoastLine: The Future of Vertex Rail in Cape Fear
- WHQR Day Sponsor Party 2015!
Around the Nation
Tue April 22, 2014
49ers Fans Seeing Red Over Transit Color Proposal
Originally published on Tue April 22, 2014 12:34 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. Fans of the 49ers are seeing red over proposed colors in new trains for the Bay Area Rapid Transit system. The new seats will be bright green and blue - just like the Seattle Seahawks. One San Francisco fan has collected some 2,000 signatures on a petition protesting seats the colors of the 49ers arch rival. And surely it's just a coincidence, since the general manager of BART was previously the director of Seattle's Department of Transportation. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.