Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces NPR and ABC's Cokie Roberts as Guest at Fundraising Luncheon
- CoastLine: Science Panel Weighs in on Potential Impacts of Seismic Testing off NC Coast
- 9 Films: Wilmington Jewish Film Fest Expands
- Governor McCrory Fights 50 Mile Buffer Zone for Oil & Gas Exploration and Drilling
- CoastLine: Bringing Human Trafficking out of the Shadows
Mon July 30, 2012
The 2012 Classical Olympians Puzzler
Originally published on Mon July 30, 2012 2:52 pm
The grumbling of Londoners and the off-putting remarks of Mitt Romney are all but forgotten now as the 2012 Summer Olympics are in spectacular full swing. From here on out the race for the gold continues.
The London games include 302 events, with 23,000 athletes and officials, at 34 venues over 19 days. About 10 million visitors are expected along with some 20,000 journalists.
Characters in classical music and opera are not all kings, queens and couch potatoes. Some have genuine athletic abilities, and others find themselves in situations requiring Olympic-worthy strength and stamina. Listen to the music clip below and match each one to its appropriate sport from this summer's Olympics. Answer them all correctly and wear your gold medal with pride. Mess up, and you'll have to wait an embarrassing four years to try again.