Most Active Stories
- WHQR Announces Completed Purchase of WHQR Facilities by Friends of Public Radio, Inc.
- Changes in Entrepreneurial Landscape Open Space for Start-Ups in Small Cities like Wilmington
- Cinematique Presents "The Grand Seduction"
- Southeastern NC Film Community Group Photo To Be Taken This Saturday
- Soup to Nuts Live!: Jesse Stockton
Rachel Lewis Hilburn
Rachel Lewis Hilburn came to WHQR in the spring of 2011. After serving as back-up host for Morning Edition, All Things Considered, and Classical Music for a year, she was named News Director in July of 2012.
She moved to Wilmington in 2003 from Los Angeles, where she worked as a financial advisor for Morgan Stanley. After joining the local ABC affiliate in Wilmington, she wrote and produced local TV newscasts, a 30-minute special program for the Cape Fear Museum showcasing its renovation and new exhibits, and independently wrote and produced a documentary on the lingering effects of the 1898 coup d'etat in Wilmington. Before joining the staff, Rachel partnered with New York co-producer Linda Bianchi and produced Stories, Wine, and Cheese - a series of local, live storytelling events which aired on WHQR.